Kartchner Caverns State Park: A Hollow Carved Out Of Limestone

Arizona is the 6th largest and 14th most populated state. Phoenix is the capital of Arizona and is home to a diverse population. Southern Arizona has been popular for its desert climate, that is, hot summers and mild winters, whereas northern Arizona for its forests, mountain ranges, and winter snowfall. Arizona is a rich historical background of culture and legendary stories. The museums here have many interesting artifacts and stories to be explored. Along with m museums, one can enjoy the naturally formed wonders. And one such wonder can be found at Kartchner Caverns State Park.

Kartchner Caverns State Park is a park located in Arizona, whose main feature is a 2.4 miles cave. It was found in 1974 by local caves Gary Tenen and Randy Tufts, as this place is hidden from plain sight. This cave is carved out of limestone, and in it are the spectacular speleothems that keep growing and is believed to be growing for 50,000 years or longer.

Kartchner Caverns State Park A Hollow Carved Out Of Limestone

The discovery of this wonder was a story to narrate where you happen to be at the right spot; this is similar to as the cavers found a narrow crack in the bottom of a sinkhole further, they followed the source of warm, moist air towards where they found the cave passages. They accidentally discovered the opening to that cave which stayed a secret for 14 years, as they wanted to protect the site. In 1985 the nature conservancy acquired the land, and the discovery of the cave was made to the public in 1988 when the landowner sold the land to

The state for development. Which opened for the public in 1999 after making the arrangements to preserve the cave. The cave has two different formations that are accessible to the public, known as the throne room and the big room.

The Throne Room

It features the world's longest soda straw stalactites of 21 feet 2 inches. This room is open to visitors all year round.

The Big Room

It features an ample formation of brushite moonmilk. The room is closed for tours during summer each year as it is a breeding site for cave bats.

Other than these two major attractions within the cave, it offers mud flats, Rotunda Room, and many other such places. And all this is covering only 40%, whereas the rest 60% of the cave system is not open to the public. The park even offers hiking trails of all levels, whether it's long or short trails. There are different formations that can be found within the cave.

Arizona shuttle is at your service 24/7. We assure you of the safest and fastest trips. With pick up and drop off from any address. Our Services fit every budget as we have SUVs, Shuttle service, and pre-booked luxury cars to assure you comfort. You can make changes to the date and time of the service, as we don't charge anything for the change. So book your ride today to enjoy your vacation to its fullest. For more information, contact (480) 710-3441.

Learn More

Topics: AZ Shuttle, Phoenix to Sedona, Phoenix Airport Shuttle, Phoenix to Scottsdale, Airport Shuttle, Phoenix to Yuma, Phoenix Taxi, Phoenix Shuttle, Travel, Things to Do, Winter, Shuttle Service, Art, Arizona shuttle, Beaches, Casinos of Arizona, Casinos, park

AZ Shuttle Location, Phone and Hours

Airport Shuttle of Phoenix is right next to PHX Sky Harbor; this map shows you just how close we are

4600 E Washington St Ste 300

Phoenix, AZ 85034

(480) 710-3441 Reservations

Monday to Friday: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm

Saturday to Sunday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

You can also book online 24/7

Phoenix Shuttle from PHX Sky Harbor in Arizona

Door to Door, Any Address, Non-Stop on Your Schedule, #1 Shuttle and Car Service from PHX Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix

Check Rates